Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DO it now Woman!

i let so much of the cord roll out that it is now difficult to manage. so rest of my june trip shall have to wait. meanwhile, i have more pressing worries - the major one being this red berry coloured box like thing with wheels parked a mile away from my house which i am still too scared to move. i mean i have taken one training and a half already ... there is no reason why i should not be able to drive it but how do i know when is the right time to start? i have dreamt for so long - i had so many plans pending for when the box on wheels arrived - suddenly they seem to have dried up and i find myself inventing new excuses to delay it by another day. ...

God give me strength and any of you who read this, if you drive, share your initial driving experiences. Thankyou Ratika for telling me its ok to make three mistakes - that its ok if you hit a rickshaw a couple of times. I need someone to tell me that if i reversed into another car while parking noone would mind. That i will always find a parking attendant at every place i go to. That i will not press the accelerator instead of the break at a signal. That if the engine stops in the middle of traffic i will not be bullied. That it wont be very long before i know the delhi routes.... That it wont be long before i can park my car right under my house.....

Maybe i will just take it out the next court day and then see what happens. And stop listening to trainer and AS who tell me not to do it alone. How the hell am i going to find someone everyday to sit beside me. So both of you can take a hike. Just be around by my bedside if i do land up at ..... the sight of that shattered grey santro still haunts....

4 comments:

MuchAdoAboutALotOfThings said...

Well firstly, you have to tell all the people giving negative advise and undermining your confidence to not to bother you. Secondly, discuss your driving with more females than males coz males just assume that females can't drive. Well a lot of them can and better than men. Thirdly, stop getting nervous and develop confidence as it's not such a big deal, needs only practice. Fourthly, don't give a damn to the fellow drivers in traffic, maximum they can only honk, honk and honk. I ignored them and felt much better. Fifthly, even if you vehicle stalls right when the signal turns green, it's ok. Don't overreact, get nervous or scared as people behind you can wait while they are honking. Keep your cool and follow all steps to start carefully and confidently. Practise as much as you can, if you not getting people to sit with you, try getting out in the mornings when there will be less traffic.

KD said...

hehehehehhehehehehe

Mukta Dutta said...

Thankyou Much Ado, Seems like sound advise... i have to develop the attitude i guess.

KD is that all you can do after i share my problems with you!!

ambrosia said...

I know nothing about driving and can only imagine scary scenarios that might happen to women like you and scare everyone too! But when I read Much Ado, I must admit I felt comforted in the fact that it only takes some thinking like hers for women behind the wheels to develop confidence! You should indeed "develop" "the attitude" and stop thinking about shattered cars!!

Also if I understand this correctly, driving is about reflexes.... do you want to say that an experienced litigating lawyer like you has below average reflexes to press acclerator instead of brake and that too at the traffic light! Come on woman!